Southern California Airplane Spotting

I will be sharing airport and commercial airline public viewing areas. I will start with where I currently reside in Southern California, among other areas that I have lived. I hope to be able to cover other areas in the future.

As a start, Southern California has a number of airports serving the greater regional area:

  • Los Angeles International Airport: LAX (IATA) / KLAX (ICAO)
  • John Wayne Airport: SNA (IATA) / KSNA (ICAO)
  • Long Beach Airport: LGB (IATA) / KLGB (ICAO)
  • Ontario International Airport: ONT (IATA) / KONT (ICAO)
  • San Diego International Airport: SAN (IATA) / KSAN (ICAO)

There are also a number of regional/municipal and private airports which will not be covered.

Throughout the next several articles, I will cover one by one the areas for which to view commercial airplanes taking off and/or landing. I will primarily be focusing on the airports I am most familiar with, specifically Los Angeles International Airport (LAX/KLAX) and John Wayne Airport (SNA/KSNA).


Comments